This will (hopefully) be brief…
Here is the Scenario:
- You have deployed Office365
- You have an on-prem Domain Controller (hopefully more than one!)
- You are using Azure AD Connect 1.1 or greater, (which is installed on one of your domain controllers)
- You create or manage user accounts using your on-prem domain controllers
- Whenever you create a new user or make a change in AD you have to wait around (up to 30 minutes) for Office365 to reflect the change
In previous version of AAD Connect there was a Windows Scheduled task that would periodically sync AD data to Office365.
In later/latest versions of the tool there is now a scheduling engine that is part of the tool which is set to do a “delta” sync (only updates/changes) every 30 minutes.
When you are working though you might not want to wait around 30 minutes.