Setup a New MySQL Database and User with PHPmyAdmin
We are setting up OpenFire with MySQL for better performance. So you need to setup a database and user for it to use in MySQL.
- In a browser go to: http://yourserverip/phpmyadmin
- Login with “root” and your MySQL database root user.
- Go to the “Users” Tab
- Click “Add User”
- For username type “openfire”
- For “host” select “Local”
- Hit the “generate” button for a password and copy and paste the password to another text document as you will need it again in a moment.
- Under “database for user” section, tick “create database with same name and grant all privileges”
- At the very bottom-right of the page, click “go”
- you can log out of PHPmyAdmin now
Next you need to open up a browser window and go to the local IP address of your openfire server at port 9090. Example:
This will start the server setup. Hit the next page for more details on that…